Off Topic and Just For Fun
This page is going to hold some Fun Notes about the house, the family and generally off topic items. You may find an odd photo album here/
Here is a recipe passed down from my grandmother Eloise who lived in Lexington Virginia. I call it Miss Virginia’s Old Fashion Southern Eggnog. Since Washington was a Virginian you can see how similar it is to George Washington’s recipe.
- 1 Dozen Eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 quarts 1/2 and 1/2 cream
- 1 quart bourbon whiskey
- 1 pint brandy
- 1 pint rum
- Separate the eggs
- Mix sugar and cream with the yolks and then slowly add the bourbon
- Whip the whites (don’t make too stiff) and then fold into them the rum and brandy.
- Taste each part (optional) and then combine slowly.
- Store in the fridge for at least a week to allow the liquor to cook the eggs and mellow.
- Serve with grated nutmeg on top.
- Leftover will keep for a year or longer in the fridge and is excellent over ice cream, strawberries and pound cake.
Favorite Christmas Book – click on it for the text